Version 8.2.0 – March 29, 2017
WellSight Systems has released Version 8.2.0 of the StarLog program suite: StripLog, HorizontalLog, MudLog, the Free WellSight LogViewer, the WellSight LogManager, and our latest product, WellSight Perspective (formerly called WellSight GeoSteering).
This version of the StarLog suite contains enhancements, mainly to how it exports to WellSight Perspective and to data validation. Perspective has been renamed and given the same version number as StarLog.
Exporting Data from StarLog to Perspective
- Exports and updates to Perspective are now more robust, ensuring that the Perspective project file does not become corrupted when an error occurs.
- Export to Perspective dialog: project file controls were moved to the bottom to be more easily verified before exporting
- Export/update to Perspective: header images are now linked to the well path for the main survey layer
Other Enhancements to StarLog
- Save As: prevent user from over-writing a Perspective project file
- Depths in survey and curve data files are now validated more strictly.
- Units in the K.B. Elevation field (main header) no longer prevent calculation of sub-sea values and exporting a well’s elevation to Perspective.
- Edit Surveys now has a Cancel button, which prompts to save any changes.
- Several minor enhancements and fixes were made to Perspective. See the Perspective Readme file for details.